This guide on Content Marketing Basics aims to explain some associated concepts, in a way that solopreneurs can relate to their businesses. Content Marketing is an outrowth of the broader concepts of Digital Marketing and Inbound Marketing. Understanding these broader concepts will help you understand what you are exactly doing when you are Content Marketing.
There are lots of elaborate explanations on these topics available across the Internet. Some of these concepts like digital marketing, inbound marketing and content marketing can be explained endlessly … but how can that help you, the solopreneur, if what you want is streamlined, succinct and just enough digestible information? Our aim has been to cull and offer some crucial points on each topic as they best serve the online businesses of solopreneurs.
Online digital marketing is an incredibly low-cost way to start a solopreneur business. Some solopreneurs have started with less than $100, and just immense enthusiasm, commitment and persistence. But while it’s such a beckoning place for budding business owners, it’s also therefore a very crowded and competitive place.
Which is why almost 94% of all businesses stagnate, and only about 4% seem to really succeed. But that shouldn’t be a damper to a lion-heart like you, right?
- What is “online digital marketing” and how do you define it?
- What is the appeal of online digital marketing to solopreneurs?
- What are the best online digital marketing examples for solopreneurs?
- How to do online digital marketing if you’re a smart solopreneur …
Inbound marketing can work wonderfully for both solopreneurs and their audiences. As the name suggests, inbound marketing is a way to pull in the interest of audiences to what you have to say to them. Most audiences on the online world prefer being allowed to make their own choices of what to read or get interested in, without marketers brainwashing them.
Inbound marketing is also a way of silently communicating respect for your audiences, and that’s why it works so well for solopreneurs who want to build their visibility, authority, and brands.
- What is “inbound marketing” and how do you define it?
- How to do inbound marketing if you’re an intelligent solopreneur …
- What’s the value of inbound marketing to solopreneurs and their audiences?
- What are some great examples of inbound marketing by solopreneurs?
Content marketing is the action part of the inbound marketing principle. our content helps woo audiences towards you, and eventually helps convert casual audiences into loyal followers, who will buy whatever you recommend.
This is because you have gradually promoted yourself to them as an authority on your topic. This, in essence, is what content marketing really is. Nothing more and nothing less.
- What is “content marketing” and how do you best define it?
- How to do content marketing if you’re a streetsmart solopreneur …
- What are some great examples of content marketing by solopreneurs?
- What are the biggest gains from content marketing for solopreneur businesses?
A content marketing model is a system that shows the steps that you need to use to do your content marketing. Systems help you do things in a structured way for best cost-efficiency, easy manageability and reliable results.
Without a good content marketing model, most solopreneurs would flounder, not knowing what to do before what, and what should be the priority at each stage of activity. With a good model, your workload will get streamlined and productive.
- The 7 Ts content marketing process model for solopreneurs.
- Topic, Target
- Tilt, Traction
- Traffic, Tribe, Transact
There are many types of content that solopreneurs can use on their sites to make the variety engaging and interesting to their audiences. Here you will find 9 types of content you should know about and try to include on your blog. They are arrayed in sets of three.
You have three types of content based on their interaction value. You also have three types of content based on their utility value. And finally, you have three types of content based on their formats.
- The plethora of content types for the content marketing solopreneur
- Types of Content: From the interaction point of view
- Types of Content: From the utility point of view
- Types of Content: From the formats point of view
ToFu, Mofu and BoFu content are not about something to eat. Intriguing as they sound, these acronyms refer to various stages of the buying funnel that solopreneurs will notice their target audiences pass through, as they proceed in their product purchases online.
If you are a success-and-profit-hungry solopreneur, you have to actually feed the right content to your audiences at the right stages of their buying funnel. If they feel satisfied at every stage, they’ll eventually fish out their wallets and buy – and leave you satiated with the income you receive from them!
- What is the purchase funnel and why it’s key to Content Marketing
- TOFU: Top Of The Funnel content and its value to the solopreneur
- MOFU: Middle Of The Funnel content and its value to the solopreneur
- BOFU: Bottom Of The Funnel content and its value to the solopreneur
So what are your thoughts on this topic? Do share!
This post is incomplete without your input. The community of aspiring digital solopreneurs would feel galvanized to hear from you … so do share your thoughts on this topic with us in the comments field below this post.
In our series of Guides:
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 1: Are you ready to be a solopreneur?
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 2: Is a solopreneur business right for you?
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 3: Looking for solopreneur inspirations?
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 4: Content Marketing Basics Examined!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 5: Content Marketing Strategy Starter!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 6: Deep Dive Into Target Audiences!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 7: Deep Dive Into Brand Strategy!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 8: Starting Your Content Marketing!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 9: Growing Traffic And Conversions!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 10: Top Avenues For Strong Earnings!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 11: Building Your Success Attitude!
- Contented Solopreneur Guide 12: Tracking Technology And Trends!